A virulent new strain of ransomware known as WannaCry (Ransom.Wannacry) has hit hundreds of thousands of computers worldwide since its emergence on Friday, May 12. Wannacry ransomware is far more dangerous than other virus or ransomware because of it can spread itself via the internal network to all computers in your home or enterprises. You will get affected even you do not have the Internet connection, if one person in your network got hit by the Wannacry ransomware, more likely you will get affected as well.
So, in order to keep you and your companies computers safe, you need to:
- Upgrade your Windows now!
- Make sure your Windows Defender or Third Party Anti-Virus software is turned on.
- Update your Anti-Virus software definition.
- Do not open unknown source emails or files, especially if they contain links and/or attachments.
- Backing up your important data, so you will have a copy of your important data, and you can retrieve it later if needed. (Contact (308)-234-3290 for an offsite backup discount)
Buerer Computer Consulting is now offering a discount for the computers health checkup. Contact us so we can help you prevent it before it’s too late.